Wednesday, November 30, 2011

"Hope is the feeling we have that the feeling we have is not permanent." ~Mignon McLaughlin

It's amazing to me what seeing the sun can do to my mood, my attitude, my outlook.  After writing my post last night, I went to bed worrying that I wouldn't be able to get out of my slump.  But by the end of the day today, even though nothing special happened at work, I had set my sights on a few good things that are happening in my life.  My therapist reminded me a few weeks ago of the passion I have for becoming a published author.  This put my wheels in motion and I since have entered a poetry contest, scheduled a meeting with a self-publisher about a children's book I have, and spoken to a few friends about article writing for magazines.  I'm not expecting to be famous, but I would love to share my love of writing with others.  And I'm realizing that being a doer rather than a stewer has brought me some much needed hope...

No comments: