Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Taking suggestions...anyone???

Outside it is so gloomy and cold.  It makes me want to stay at home, snuggled under a blanket, with the Christmas tree lights shining, and a warm drink in my hand...

Ok, back to reality.  It's the middle of the week, yucky outside, I'm already exhausted, and seem to have lost that feeling of peace and joy I had gained from a long and relaxing weekend.  I have to admit, it's a lot harder to get motivated to do anything when it's cold, wet, and dark the majority of the day.   It gives me too much time to think about the negative, rather than the positives taking place in my life.  The hope turns to sadness and fear.  The love turns to anger and frustration.  The joy turns to guilt and worry.  In these times, I need the push from others to get things done and to find my happy place.  I want to FEEL the warmth and peace I described above, even though I can't actually DO the above. 

Any suggestions...?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Use one of those boxes of cards Michelle hands out... Or just use some color paper. You have to find something positve to say to someone at least once a day. Say something along the lines of "Thanks for volunteering for..." "Great decorations at the staff meeting" "Interesting lesson plan" Be sincere...

Get a grocery list paper and write down things you did well. (use only 1 or 2 words)Give your self a set reasonable minimum (5 to start?). You have to fill it by 2 or 2:30. Post it where you can see it often through the day. Keep all the lists.