Sunday, November 20, 2011

“I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.” ~William Allen White

On Tuesday, I will be heading to see a new cardiologist for a second opinion on my heart condition.  I am trying to stay postive and not worry, but I have to admit I am starting to feel the jitters.  The unknown is so scary to me.  I let my mind wander, I think of worst case scenarios, I feel nervous and sad.  I let my emotions take over.  I cry.  I become irritable and controlling.  It seems all of the changes I've made disappear, and my life starts spinning out of control. 

NOT THIS TIME! 

For now, I am going to remind myself that it is perfectly normal to feel scared.   I am going to allow myself to feel those emotions, prepare for the visit, and lean on friends and family for support, hope, and peace.  No one knows what their future holds.  I will embrace today; learn from yesterday; hope for tomorrow.  And pray that God will continue to lead me on this journey...

No comments: