Monday, November 7, 2011

My thoughts...

Happiness. 
After many responses to my last post, I decided to do a little research of my own.  And within minutes, I was even more confused than I was when I started.  So many different ideas about the word and how to achieve it: through love; from other people; it's a choice; an attitude; your age; a journey. 

And then I happened upon a site with a few quotes that put it all into perspective.  The truth is, it shouldn't be so hard to feel joy and happiness in my life.  I am blessed with a loving family, caring friends, doctors who are watching me closely, supportive co-workers who share similar concerns, and so much more.

Daily, I ask myself, what is wrong with me?  Why can't I let go of these feelings of fear, anxiety, stress, guilt, anger? How can I feel joy and happiness in my life?

And the "a-ha" moment I had tonight is: maybe I'm trying too hard;
"Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder”– Thoreau

Focus on today;
"One day at a time- this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering" -Ida Scott Taylor.

And give myself the freedom to BE HAPPY by smiling, laughing, giving, dreaming, exploring, wondering, creating, and LIVING each and everyday to the fullest...


 

No comments: