Friday, December 2, 2011

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." ~William Shakespeare

And boy am I learning how true this statement is.  I  just got off the phone with my hubby who took a weekend getaway without me to Denver.  For the past couple of weeks, I have been so excited about having the alone time; watching chick flicks, reading books, getting on what he calls "my digital media" without feeling guilty, shopping at the outlet mall, hangin' with the girls.  But for some reason, today, I have been so emotional.  Each time I have talked to him, I have choked back the tears and the knot in the back of my throat.  And I'm asking myself, "why am I so upset?"  He and I are both safe and should be able to enjoy some healthy time away from each other.  I don't want to ruin his time by being upset every time I talk to him because I want him to have fun and not feel guilty, but on the other side of that I want him to miss me as much as I do him.  In a way, I think I'm feeling a tad jealous that he is doing something outside of the normal day-to-day stuff without me.  Either way, I'm "thinking" too much about it. Hope I can get passed this and enjoy my time too.  Monday will be here before I know it...

No comments: