Sunday, December 11, 2011

"Today, I will let go and let God." ~Melody Beattie

It seems hard to believe that one week ago I was just getting to the hospital in Frisco where Chad was.  The days have flown by since then, but in the moment, have felt really long.  Since returning home, we have managed to adjust.  I have been off work helping to get insurance, prescriptions, and doctors lined up, while doing my best to take care of Chad.  He has been very appreciative and I have loved being here for him. 

I have to admit, it was really helpful not to have to worry about work last week.  My team took care of my kids and everyone was so supportive.  I am, however, a little nervous about heading back tomorrow.  It has been hard to keep up with Caylee, the house, and Chad without work.  Now, it's back to the grind and all that comes with it.  On top of Christmas shopping (now by myself), keeping up with daily household chores, and taking care of my family, I have to make sure testing gets completed, grades entered, report cards written, and the list goes on and on.  I'm feeling a little stressed out and overwhelmed, not to mention exhausted.

My hope is that by taking it one day at a time, I will be able to accomplish it all without worry, frustration, temper tantrums (yes, I still have them), and crying.  I hope to accept any and all help from others, not dwell on the anger I have about the past week's events, and focus on what is truly important.  Things that need to be done will get done in their own time.  I am not in control.  So for now, I must "let go and let God"...

No comments: