Thursday, August 4, 2011

Reminder to Self:

Spent today trying to enjoy the last free moments of summer break.  Next week it's back to the grind at work: setting up my classroom, meeting new students and their families, collaborating with the team. And though I am looking forward to the challenges that will come with a new team, a new grade level, a new year,  I couldn't help but feel sad that the time with my family will soon be limited: less time with each other in the mornings, no playing at home during the day in our pj's, no staying up late to watch our favorite show after Caylee FINALLY goes to sleep.  I was bummed out all day until I sat down to write this post.  Writing reminds me of that new person I am becoming; the one who worries less and doesn't take everything so seriously; the one who takes on the challenge or fear rather than avoiding it; the one who says I am not going to let one little thought, or feeling, or incident ruin the rest of my day, my week, my year.  Instead of worrying about going back to school, dreading summer break being over, and packing as many things as I can into the next few days, I am reminding myself to enjoy this moment, this day, the people around me.  Yes, I like that feeling much better...

No comments: