Wednesday, August 17, 2011

It feels good...

It has taken me a long time to realize that, for the past several years, I have been closed off, guarded, and overprotective of myself, my heart, and well, my life.  You know the part in "Finding Nemo" where Dory says: " If nothing ever happens to him, then nothing will ever happen to him"?  Yep, that was me.  In earlier years of my life, I was cheated on, let down, lied to, felt I was never good enough, that someone was always judging me, my decisions, my life.  And somewhere along the way I put up a wall.  I told myself: "don't let anyone in"; "be careful, cautious", "don't get hurt".  I started letting thoughts of things that COULD happen control my actions and reactions.  I became so fearful of something happening, that I stopped letting my life happen.  Truth is, I NEVER want to go back to that place.  I am beginning to tear down that wall, to let people in, to let life happen.  And let me tell ya, it feels good...

No comments: