Thursday, January 19, 2012

Fear, go away!

Wow, so many things to be thankful for.  And even more things to be excited about! 

Lately, I've been struggling with so many things; Chad's accident, my duties at home, my tasks to accomplish at work, being a mom, gnawing chest/back pain, anxiety about the gnawing chest/back pain, you name it, and I can probably complain about it.

But tonight, I took a step back.  I have so many things to be thankful for; friends (who I haven't seen in while, but hope know I do still care about them), family (who have been so supportive over the last few weeks), co-workers (who, though may be pretending they don't mind, have covered for me while I was out), my illustrator (who is awesome and I'm sure has plenty of other things to be doing with her time), my husband (who is being so supportive and helpful with the book project), and a list of other things that could go on and on.

Truth is, I have no control over any of the things I have been struggling with.  The worry, anxiety, and stress caused by the above is not healthy and will not help me in the long run.  So, I sit here tonight, writing and praying to God.  That He will give me strength to overcome the fear, courage to trust myself and others, and hope that my dreams may become reality.  Whatever His path is for me, I need not fear it, but trust that He knows the way and will lead me in the right direction...

No comments: