Saturday, October 1, 2011

I feel sad...

It has been a whirlwind of a week.  The days have seemed so long, but looking back, went by so fast.  And now here we are Saturday night, everything over, and the reality of it all setting in; sadness, grief, fear; thoughts of the past week; memories from old times; songs that overcome me with emotion.  I am thankful for my family, the time we have had together the last few days, the relationships we have built over the years, but now the peace that I once felt in my life seems to have disappeared.  I have faith that grandma is in heaven, but death raises so many questions for me.  And it is so hard to say your last goodbye's.  I pray that my mom will make it through the days to come.  I love her; I love having her in my life; I love the relationship we have.  She would say the same about grandma.  We were close, we spent a lot of time together, we cared for and took care of each other, we laughed together, we cried together, and we spent her last few days together.  I can only hope she is looking down on us smiling now as her pain and suffering are gone forever...

God, please help us get through the next few days.  Help us to lean on each other, cry with each other, and find some peace in knowing that grandma is safe with you.  Amen.

1 comment:

The Gambrel Family said...

Nicole,

I am thinking about you and will pray for you and your family.

Take care,
Andrea