Thursday, September 22, 2011

The key to keeping your balance is knowing when you've lost it. ~Anonymous

I often wonder how some people manage to lend a helping hand to others in need, accomplish their own tasks, and still have time to enjoy the wonderful moments/things in life without feeling overwhelmed, stressed out, exhausted, and on the verge of a breakdown.  Right now, I am at a place in my work-life where I am very grateful of the help from others, but I often feel guilty that others are going out of their way to make my life easier because I just can't do the same in return.  It feels like I'm struggling to keep my head above the water and for some reason saying "thank you" just doesn't seem like enough. When I get to this place, I have a hard time "letting go" of the guilt.  It affects my mood, my attitude, my productivity.  For those of you who have found this balance, I am looking for some advice here.  I seem to have lost mine and need to find it again...

No comments: