Thursday, June 18, 2015

In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps. -Proverbs 16:9

So originally, I had planned on making a quick post this morning.  But the more I thought about where I am and what I want to put out there, I decided a comeback post would be better :-)

This year has been a rough one.  Plain and simple.  And it's made me question several times where it is I'm heading.  So, I've been praying and asking God to show me where to go next...to give me a sign of sorts that I'm moving in the right direction.  Thankfully, my husband has been very patient and supportive with this!

And this morning, after spending some time in my Jesus Calling book, I was moved to be honest with myself and put this out there.

"In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps." -Proverbs 16:9

My heart very much wants a place...a studio/workshop where I can share my passion for life and the creative arts with others.  I've spent the last several months searching for this 'perfect' spot to no avail. I've also explored other options: going back to the classroom, educational consulting, getting a degree in counseling.  But none of these options appeal to my heart like a place that I, and hopefully others, can call 'home'.
My heart (and my head) seem to have it all figured out, but I have to keep reminding myself that HE is the one establishing the steps.  That HE will lead me to a place I can call 'home'.  And that HE has a purpose for all of the stops I am making along the way. I can be hopeful for the future, but I need to trust in His plans and relax and enjoy the present moment as it is.
Putting this out there seems to be a first step. Here's to allowing Him to establish the next few!<3




No comments: