Monday, May 7, 2012

Oh, the sound of the rain...

Oh, the sound of the rain...

I am completely exhausted as I sit here writing this post.  But the sound of the rain is so calming.  Something I haven't felt in a few weeks.

The days go by so quickly; too much to do, too little time.

I am hopeful the things that need to get done will, but feel very overwhelmed with the amount of work left to do before school ends.  There's no time to enjoy the last few weeks with these children who I have gotten to know, who have grown so much this year, and who truly love spending their days with me.  Instead, I rush to get through what I can, then sit in the hall with one student at a time, and test.  It's frustrating.

I pray for a change everyday.  I know God has a plan for me, but sometimes it's hard being patient!

I have accomplished many great things in the past few weeks, but I've not actually had any time to sit back, relax, and take them all in.  

I'm going to list them here:

  • Many fears overcome
  • Business and Bank account set up
  • Contract signed with publisher/book should be ready in about 8 weeks!
  • First 4 weeks of INSANITY...DONE! 
  • Completed my first half marathon-walked 13.1 miles!  
  • Almost made it through my first year with 28 kindergarten friends
  • I have a new love for myself, my husband, my daughter, and our time together.  

Going to take some time to let it all sink in and say a little prayer that the calm of this rain will bring me the peace, comfort, and joy I have been longing for...


No comments: