Wednesday, March 8, 2017

A new season...


Coming up with a new name for my blog, and workshop series, wasn't an easy task.  There was a lot of thought that went into it.  Because it would be an extension of Flowers on Footprints, I wanted the name to be meaningful and serve a purpose, just as Flowers on Footprints had done so many years ago.

Originally, Flowers on Footprints the blog, was created to be a journal of my journey from darkness to light.  A place where I would walk in the present day, leaving footprints, and planting seeds that would eventually bloom into flowers of my future.  And that place served its purpose for many years. To this day, it still amazes me to go back and read through my posts...from where I was to who I am today, journaling definitely proved to help me move forward.

https://www.facebook.com/imysjoy/


But now, I find myself in a new season of life. C.S. Lewis once said, "There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind."  And though I've had many challenges over the years, I've also had many great opportunities and experiences along the way.  I'm learning to accept that in order to move forward, I have to leave what once was...in all aspects of life, behind. This has been hard on so many levels, especially since I sifted through pictures of the past recently. However, it's time to go back to the vision board and start planning for the new season that is upon me. A season that holds so much hope.  A season where I plan to grow and bloom, personally and professionally, in a way I never have before. A season that I'd like to share with you.  

https://www.facebook.com/imysjoy/
In the dictionary, blossom is defined a few different ways.  Here, we will define blossom as this: a peak period or stage of development.  As we all walk our own paths in this life, may we empower, encourage, and support one another to grow--to promote the development of AND bloom--a state or time of beauty, freshness, and vigor into whatever flower we choose, reminding each other daily that this is not a competition.  We are all in this together and we all want to be successful. Hence the title: the path of a blossom: empowering you to grow and bloom on your journey through life!









https://www.bryananthonys.com/soul-sisters-arrow-necklaces

In saying that, today I'd like to recognize my dear friend and co-founder of inspire.joy, Sarah Kruer. Sarah is also the owner/artisan of imy's joy.  She creates unique, inspirational word art canvases and wood home decor items, many of which can be found in my home.  I often call our meeting serendipitous...Serendipity--the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way. However, I also know that God had a hand in our happenstance because He knew I would need someone like her in the coming years and oh was He right! Throughout my treatment, heart issues and cancer, Sarah has been my girl. She gets me in a way that no one else can and supports ALL of my outlandish ideas...no matter what.  She has been there through thick and thin, to celebrate my greatest achievements, and to encourage me through the darkest of days. I wouldn't be who I am today without her and for that, I am truly grateful. 

I recently read an article posted to facebook that talked about how important it is to have girlfriends as you grow older.  It suggested what most of us already know...that our true friends, our tribe which many of us call them, will be there for us no matter what. They're the ones who are ready for wine and laughs when the sun is shining or will drop everything and lend you a shoulder when the storm comes through. I am thankful that Sarah is part of my tribe and I am blessed to call her my soul sister.

I'm not sure what direction I'm going or what surprises are waiting for me around the next corner, but I am excited to share the path with you as we lift each other up and move forward together on this incredible journey called life.

Until next time, 
~Nicole O.
<3 NO fear




No comments: